We are very lucky that our volunteers and dogs are often invited to represent the charity at events such as Crufts, All About Dogs and Dogfest. Tickets are very limited and we always try to get a diverse mix of dogs representing us. If you would like to attend Crufts or any other event, please read the information below and apply for tickets using the link at the bottom.
It is important to include your name, email address, mobile telephone number, details of your dogs and the dates and times you can attend.
It’s four days of non-stop fun, fundraising and awareness. By far the biggest event in our social calendar and the perfect opportunity to showcase the wonderful work we do as a charity and recruit more volunteers and their dogs.
We have a large presence at the show with our dogs highly visible on the Kennel Club’s Bark & Read stand as well as taking part in our Therapy Dog Parade in the Kennel Club Good Citizens ring. Our volunteers happily fundraise on partnering trade stands and actively promote Therapy Dogs Nationwide over the 4 days.
We all have the “best dog in the world” and we all want to show off how proud we are to represent ‘TDN‘ but often people do not give full consideration as to how overwhelming Crufts can be. It’s noisy, it’s tiring, it’s busy. It is often difficult to move due to the sheer amount of people, there are buggies and pushchairs and bags. People will approach your dog from all angles and never think to ask before stroking them.
Your dog may be ideally suited to visiting nursing homes or busy schools but please think twice about bringing them to Crufts. That said we usually have a small number of dog and handler tickets available each year. Please keep checking this page for more information.
If you are confident that your dog’s wellbeing would not be compromised by the Crufts environment and would like to apply to represent us, please read on.
By applying for dog and handler tickets, you agree to the following:
1. You will be in full uniform whilst representing the charity, this is TDN polo shirt, black skirt or trousers, black shoes (we suggest comfy shoes as you will be on your feet for most of the day)
2. Your dog will be in full uniform whilst representing the charity, this is TDN flat collar and lead and TDN bandana and/or coat (we will also accept plain black or yellow martingale type collars, if in doubt, please check beforehand).
3. Your dog will be clean and tidy as befitting the occasion.
4. If you intend to represent TDN in the Therapy Dog Parade, both you and your dogs will be in full uniform, no bags, coats etc are permitted at this time.
5. You will check in on the TDN stand (3/53) on arrival and let us know when you are leaving.
6. You will collect for a minimum of 2 hours per day on behalf of the charity. This may or may not be on the TDN stand, we may ask you to collect on one of our partner stands.
7. You will refer all press enquiries to one of the Trustees
8. You will ensure the welfare of your dog is not compromised and that you will allow time for breaks.
9. There will be a small cupboard on the stand for coats and bags, but no large items will be stored there. All items must be collected at the end of each day and no responsibility can be taken for items left there.
10. You agree that any photos taken can be used for social media.
11. Only applications via the button below will be accepted.
When requesting tickets, please include which days you are available and how much time you can give. Crufts is open from 8am – 6pm each day.
Please also tell us if you are a current active member of the Paws & Read Scheme.