Data – collectively all information that you submit to Therapy Dogs Nationwide via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies – a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the Cookie Notice.
Therapy Dogs Nationwide or us – Therapy Dogs Nationwide;
UK and EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Therapy Dogs Nationwide and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Therapy Dogs Nationwide and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website – the website that you are currently using, https://tdn.org.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Contact Information such as email and postal addresses and telephone numbers;
c. Information will only be collected when you register to attend a Therapy Dogs Nationwide event or make a purchase via the website. We will ask for your name, address and contact details as well as details of the dog you will be bringing to the event.
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Therapy Dogs Nationwide is the “data controller”.
– We will retain any Data you submit for 2 years.
– Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
– All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
– Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
Therapy Dogs Nationwide may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
– We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
– In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
– Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
a. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
b. sharing Data with third parties.
– To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
– You have the right to ask for a free copy of any of your personal Data held by Therapy Dogs Nationwide (where Data is held)
– When a request is manifestly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or when requests are made for further copies of the same information, a fee of £5 per request will be charged.
– Data security is of great importance to Therapy Dogs Nationwide and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
– If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
– We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
– Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
– This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Therapy Dogs Nationwide by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms and conditions were created in great part using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk)